Thursday 22 October 2009

Shoes

I am a girl.

We have been given a script to work on about shoes.

You would think I had reached the pinnacle of academic joy, no?

No.

The script we were given was OK, nothing more, nothing less. The language and plot were rather short of being inspirational, and even a script-writing novice such as myself could recognise that the formatting left a lot to be desired.

However, I can recognise that this script can, and most probably will, act as more of a springboard for further ideas, rather than an instuction manual which we must abide by.

I think perhaps that the best way to view 'What would you do for a pair of shoes?' is to look at all the things that need to be done to it to make it into something good. I feel that my fim-making group is strong and dynamic, and that between us we will create something out of this script that will put the original to shame.

I have also done a little research on the script. It was written by a previous 2nd year film student, and the finished result is on Youtube:



I thought the finished product was good, but not special. There are some good shots, but nothing that makes me gasp in awe.

Although I was, at first, concerned about the script we have been given, it has inspired me to do a better job - it has triggered my artistic competitive streak... which should be a good thing... provided it doesn't lead to arguments amongst the group!

I am well and truly ready to get my teeth into rewriting this script and making a great film!

No comments:

Post a Comment